confused ...

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
phil_fred

confused ...

Post by phil_fred » May 4th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Hello,
i am running version 2003 and considering upgrading but....

I have setup a project that backs up a local folder to my ftp site.

The first time i ran the backup manually all worked fine but now nothing backups at all? The scheduled task appears to start and end with no processes. The files within the source folder are the same as the ones on the server except that the source files are now larger?

I basically have another pc that backup's it's files into a zip file onto the remote pc that then puts it up to the net?

Any ideas please?

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » May 5th, 2004, 9:10 am

Hello,

What "Default action on name collision" do you use? I would recommend you to set "Default action on name collision" to "Replace existing file(s)" in the project Properties dialog.

Bets regards

P.S. Please also consider upgrading to version 2004, the new version is improved very much and upgrade cost is small.

phil_fred

doesn't work

Post by phil_fred » May 5th, 2004, 10:33 am

i tried having it on replace files but nothing happens?

Is this because the files on both locations have identical names? and just the sizes are changing?

Phil

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » May 11th, 2004, 4:52 pm

Hello,

Probably this is because the directory where you store your files is NOT a "Backup item" in your project. To make this directory a "Backup item", just drag this directory from Windows Explorer and drop on your project in AceBackup project view.

After that AceBackup will detect any changes in this directory and perform required backup operations.

Best regards