Google S2 issues

This forum is designated to discuss the Android edition.
OneRingRules

Google S2 issues

Post by OneRingRules » February 23rd, 2011, 1:22 pm

Firstly the /SDcard folder is structured from the root of SDCard with the following folders
android_secure
Android
DCIM
LOST.DIR

The very first thing we need is to know what folder the .pswx file should go into.

File location
When you select the browse button I was able to use the .. and go up to the root of the device. That is above the SDCard directory. At that point it error's and crashed after navigating up and down. I was not easily able to reproduce this issue.

The first menu is
Do you want to create a new password file or open an existing one
IF this is a first time install there would be NO existing file so why does it ask for an existing file?

On a NEW first time install it should say
Do you want to IMPORT an existing Password file or create a brand new empty file

If you go import it will ask for either a blue tooth connection or a cable connection
If create a brand new empty file it should create a NEW file

In a new file creation a screen comes up for password name, password list description, hint for master password, master password, re-enter master password, quality of password (AceBit generated) and OK

Unfortunately there are two major problems.

The first is that as you go next you have NO IDEA what screen you are entering into. There is no heading on the entry field
There is no test that the password re enter is tested until the ok button. When it does test for matching passwords it says "Master password has not been entered correctly" It might be more accurate to say "Passwords do not match"

At this point if you cancel it drops back to a screen ADD and SAVE and no CANCEL
You cannot add as there is no password file opened at this point and you cannot save. ALL you can do is exit the application. It gets in a loop at this point.

TOOLS
It does not seem to retain the functions selected i.e. lock password on exit

Adding a password
When you click ADD a password then change your mind and go back all you get is ADD and SAVE there is no CANCEL option. IN ALL screen functions there needs to be a cancel which returns to the main Password depot menu

After you enter text in a new password it says Done BUT then it goes to another screen which says OK or cancel. WHY? If you have entered the text and say Done then that should load the text not go through another set of prompts.

Search is non existent and it absolutely must have a search function to search the password file.

I think it also needs a URL field stored where you touch a button and it opens the default web browser and allows you to execute the user name and password.

When you are on a web page and enter a user name and password it should act in a similar way to version 5 where it prompts to store the new user name password and it should store the URL as well in password depot.

Why spend time on such an application. In Australia the Vodafone Network collapsed recently under the load of additional 3G users and mobile devices being added. On the train to Sydney today there was hardly a user who did not have a hand-held device browsing the net, getting mail etc. I think this is the next big market so you should at least think about doing a half decent job on an application...

I am happy to test any development product for you.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: Google S2 issues

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 24th, 2011, 7:21 pm

Dear OpenRingRules,

Thank you for your message.

We will need some time to take a detailed look at your problems and will give you an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
AceBIT - Support -

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » March 29th, 2011, 12:43 pm

How are developments going with a revised Android platform product. Is there any proposed date for another release? Does the IPhone version perform better than the Android version?

One issue I have seen from most password file systems is that they either do not seem to autoload the browser page OR you have to go and copy and paste both user name and password each time you get yr web page up. The concept of click the passord link you want in Password Depot, it then opens a browser pane and then you can autoload the user name , password and or any tab commands that you preset may well be a winner app.

The real exciting deal would be to be able to upload your existing password file off password depot and use that on an android device ina similar way to that in ver 5 which by the way is outstanding :up:

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » April 7th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Thank you, OneRingRules.

These are all very good ideas and would be a great improvement. We currently focus on Password Depot Client and Server and will also update the apps as soon as possible.

There is currently no official release date for the new apps. I can only say right now that we will release them within the next couple of months. As soon as we know more details,we will post here an announcement.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de