Password Depot for Android 1.2 is Terrible

This forum is designated to discuss the Android edition.
luddy

Password Depot for Android 1.2 is Terrible

Post by luddy » January 19th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Comparing this to the iPhone version it is down right terrible to use. The iPhone version has so many more features and things you can do like Dropbox etc. I cant even delete an entry in the PSWX file using the Android version...all kinds of stuff is archaic.

Why is that AceBIT? :?

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: Password Depot for Android 1.2 is Terrible

Post by AceBIT » January 23rd, 2013, 7:08 pm

Hi Luddy,

Please be assured that we will improve the Android edition as well as the iPhone edition in near feature. All feature requests and improvement suggestions are of course welcome!
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

nbrenner

Post by nbrenner » March 19th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Please could you advise when the Passowrd Depot for Android will be available. I am PARTICULARLY keen to see Dropbox integration. It works beautifully on the iPad.

I would be happy to help with any beta testing, if that would be of benefit?

I'd also like to add a couple of feature requests (for both versions).

On the iPad, the password always opens in clear text. It should be obfuscated with stars/asterisks upon first opening.

Secondly, when you return focus to the Password Depot screen, the last viewed password is in clear text for a fraction of a second.

Neil

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » March 26th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Hi nbrenner,
nbrenner wrote:Please could you advise when the Passowrd Depot for Android will be available.
We are still working on it and will release it as soon as possible.
nbrenner wrote:I would be happy to help with any beta testing, if that would be of benefit?
Thank you for your kind offer! However, the beta test of Password Depot 7 has been completed. Yet of course we would be happy to welcome you at the next beta test of Password Depot 8!
nbrenner wrote:I'd also like to add a couple of feature requests
Again, thank you. :-) We have forwarded your remarks to our programming department that will check them!

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » April 19th, 2013, 5:27 pm

We don't need Beta testing on version 7. You definitely need Beta testers on the MOBILE versions in my view. The PC versions are excellent but the mobile versions are completely almost useless to use. You don't have the key stroke / mouse operations and web browser views on a mobile that you have on a PC so you have to find some way to allow a user to execute a web page and load the password and user all in one or two touches. Not pressing this and that and another thing and then two more menu options to get there.

There are a large number of users so you should easily be able to set up some mobile testers. My advice is not to release an Android mobile app without testing it in the user community as it just puts new users off the product. People would even pay for the mobile version I suspect if it was a good app like the PC version is.

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » April 22nd, 2013, 4:01 pm

Hi OneRingRules,

The mobile editions of Password Depot are currently being updated, and we are (as always) very grateful for any ideas and tips by our customers! Therefore thank you very much for your hint that the functionality of Password Depot’s mobile editions should be facilitated. If you would like to add details to your comment or have you other ideas, we would be very happy to hear about them!

luddy

Post by luddy » October 10th, 2013, 2:41 am

Here it is almost 9 months later and still no Android app. I just bought 7.0 (upgraded to 7.5) and think I will look elsewhere since there are plenty of companies offering an app that actually works on both platforms.

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » October 10th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Hi Luddy!
luddy wrote:Here it is almost 9 months later and still no Android app. I just bought 7.0 (upgraded to 7.5) and think I will look elsewhere since there are plenty of companies offering an app that actually works on both platforms.
The new Android edition is almost ready and I am sure you will like it. Thank you for your patience!
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

luddy

Post by luddy » October 11th, 2013, 1:04 am

I don't mean to be negative but it is kind of not hard to do when you told people looking for the new iOS release back in 2012 it was right around the corner too and I have yet to see an updated version for iOS (at least the one that is available functions compared to the Android version).

http://www.acebit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6440

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » October 16th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Birke (AceBIT-Team) wrote:Hi OneRingRules,

The mobile editions of Password Depot are currently being updated, and we are (as always) very grateful for any ideas and tips by our customers! Therefore thank you very much for your hint that the functionality of Password Depot’s mobile editions should be facilitated. If you would like to add details to your comment or have you other ideas, we would be very happy to hear about them!
Birke last year I spent a lot of time on a forum post listing a number of issues and options to resolve these in the Android app. You absolutely need to release any prospective app to this forum first and get some feedback or you will end up like last time being completely whacked on the head when you released such poor products into both the IoS and Android markets. I think there is no doubt your PC version is very good and I for one could not even get through half a day without it but you really need to get this next mobile version not only correct but better than what is out there already. :cry:

luddy

Post by luddy » October 16th, 2013, 9:26 pm

I think if they could release an Android *working* app that is as good as the desktop I'd stick with it but nowadays having just a great desktop app doesn't suffice. I don't think this will be released any time soon no matter what they say. It's time to move on.

luddy

Post by luddy » October 30th, 2013, 12:04 am

See, no response=we don't care.

Stefan (AceBIT Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Stefan (AceBIT Team) » October 30th, 2013, 2:43 pm

luddy, we do care.

It's just that there is no new information available at the moment.

We are very grateful for your feedback. We are working on our new app and hope you guys will like & use it once it's finished. :)

luddy

Post by luddy » January 27th, 2014, 6:03 pm

So are you still on target for the January 2014 release of the new Android app as stated on Facebook?

Stefan (AceBIT Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Stefan (AceBIT Team) » January 29th, 2014, 2:35 pm

Unfortunately there were some unpredictable delays but it has the highest priority and we will release it asap.

luddy

Post by luddy » February 12th, 2014, 1:50 am

That's it. Time to switch to another product for both desktop and Android. Such a shame with a desktop app I love so much but I can't wait any longer for a working Android app. Jan 2013 you said it was right around the corner too.

luddy

Post by luddy » April 2nd, 2014, 4:35 pm

One broken promise/deadline after another. Acebit even posted on Facebook over a week ago that the new Android version was released. BS.

luddy

Post by luddy » April 28th, 2014, 11:06 pm

So where is the new Android version that was to be released today? Let me guess...

luddy

Post by luddy » May 14th, 2014, 12:49 am

Yawn..