Please Make PD work on Android exactly the SAME as Desktop

This forum is designated to discuss the Android edition.
reindeer

Please Make PD work on Android exactly the SAME as Desktop

Post by reindeer » May 26th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Hey there,
After using Password Depot since version 1.0, I quit using Password Depot 7 at least 1+ year ago because the Android version of Password Depot with all the silliness of the .pswx file and unwieldy transfer stuff was just ridiculous...and it never worked very well. And it didn't really work as well as the desktop version.

Technical support can not make Password Depot a viable and usable smartphone tool. It is just not going to be good enough the way it performs now.

If you want my business back and if you want to be the VERY BEST PASSWORD MANAGER IN THE WORLD, here's what you need to do:
1. Have a fully compatible Android 2.3 and up version THAT USES THE SAME FILE FORMAT AS THE WINDOWS DESKTOP VERSION OF PASSWORD DEPOT
2. Allow the storage of the password master file in the cloud (Dropbox, etc.) so that the very same file can be used EVERYWHERE and so that it is ALWAYS in sync regardless of whether the master file is changed on my phone or on my desktop or my laptop or anywhere/everywhere.

I currently use [*******] with Dropbox and it is so simple and so safe and so free that I just can not consider using Password Depot until you improve it. But I would go back to Password Depot in short order if you would produce a solid product.

Most Sincerely Yours,

Steve (Reindeer)

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: Please Make PD work on Android exactly the SAME as Deskt

Post by Support (AceBIT) » June 5th, 2015, 12:25 pm

Hello Steve,

we support the usage of one format for mobile and desktop applications (.pswx).
This format can be used by desktop versions as well as mobile apps for android or ios.
You can also sync password files via Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.

Also in the next version we will replace both the psw8 and pswx formats with a new one
so you will always be able to sync without converting - even if you did not choose the pswx format for your
desktop client.

Kind regards
Acebit Support
AceBIT - Support -

luddy

Re: Please Make PD work on Android exactly the SAME as Desktop

Post by luddy » September 29th, 2015, 1:55 am

If I take my PSWX file from Google drive and "save as" psw8 file what will I lose?

jn262

Post by jn262 » November 17th, 2015, 7:07 pm

luddy wrote:If I take my PSWX file from Google drive and "save as" psw8 file what will I lose?
I saw a list somewhere recently but now I can't find it -- not in PW help, not in the manual. So I tried it, and noticed two things I remember from the list: Icons and history.

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » December 10th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de