iPhone Beta 3 feedback

Forum für die iOS-Edition von Password Depot.
MrTea

iPhone Beta 3 feedback

Post by MrTea » June 26th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Hello,

Just tried the beta. Looks good, but very first bit of feedback is to improve the functionality to auto populate password data when following the URL, or to allow the ability to copy the password. As I have made as all my passwords as strong as possible, it's not very feasible for me to have to switch back and forth between the app and whatever I am trying to log in to. Plus it's rather difficult with a complex password... I would think this would promote people to revert back to less complex/easier to remember passwords.

Thanks,

Dan

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: iPhone Beta 3 feedback

Post by AceBIT » July 3rd, 2012, 10:23 am

Hello Dan,

We are aware about this problem, but unfortunately the only solution with the current way iOS apps work would be to provide a customized browser. Currently we do not consider this option.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

MrTea

Post by MrTea » July 4th, 2012, 10:31 pm

OK thanks.

I could live without the auto-populate, but the ability to at least copy the password to the clpiboard is, in my opinion, essential. Without it the app will be very cumbersome and I will end up squinting at the iPhone screen while trying to correctly type the password into my laptop, or worse, trying to memorise the password in short bursts while flipping between apps on the iPhone/iPad (or ultimately giving in and reverting to shorter, simpler passwords again :( )

Is it equally hard to allow the option copy/paste option? Seems to be pretty standard functionality from what I can see.

Many thanks,

Dan

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » July 6th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Hello Dan!
MrTea wrote: I could live without the auto-populate, but the ability to at least copy the password to the clpiboard is, in my opinion, essential.
This functionality was implemented in the beta 4, which we just released a few minutes ago.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de