Release iPad/iPhone version is buggy

This forum is designated to discuss the iOS edition.
sperkinsCIO
Expert
Expert

Release iPad/iPhone version is buggy

Post by sperkinsCIO » July 28th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Hello,

I have the newly released iPhone and iPad version of PWD. I have both integrated with DropBox. Consistently when opening the app, it shows 'Downloading Steve.pwsx', then I get an 'Error loading file' - the operation couldn't be completed. (Cocoa error 4) error.

I hit OK and go to Open File. it says 'Listing files' and then displays my pwd file for opening. I have to tap on one of my two folders and then on the arrow to the right, then PWD crashes.

By the way, PWD crashes even if I open the local .PWSX file, not using Dropbox.

Anyone working on this?

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: Release iPad/iPhone version is buggy

Post by AceBIT » August 9th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Hello sperkinsCIO,

we will release soon a new build of the app. Thank you for your patience!
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

sperkinsCIO
Expert
Expert

Post by sperkinsCIO » September 10th, 2012, 7:51 pm

AceBIT wrote:Hello sperkinsCIO,

we will release soon a new build of the app. Thank you for your patience!
Acebit can you give us a new timeline on the new release? This last reply was a month ago and both iPhone and iPad PWD apps crash when trying to navigate password folders. I can 'Search' to find something but navigating crashes the app. Also we users would really like it if the app was designed like and operated like an Apple product. Beautiful, smooth, attention to detail etc. Flicking a password list to scroll is really bad and jerky for instance. I think this has been raised before and your explanation was it was a limitation of the development tool. Can you get a better development tool?

Additionally, my iPad PWD app is integrated with DropBox, and I can't open PWD unless I'm connected to the Internet. Can't the app store a cached copy of the last one used?

Thanks!

Steve

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » September 11th, 2012, 5:39 pm

We sent the new version few days ago to Apple and expect their review shortly.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

sperkinsCIO
Expert
Expert

Post by sperkinsCIO » September 13th, 2012, 4:55 pm

AceBIT wrote:We sent the new version few days ago to Apple and expect their review shortly.
I have the new version and it no longer crashes when I navigate down into folders. :up: Thanks!

What about my other feedback?

[Design]
We users would really like it if the app was designed like and operated like an Apple product. Beautiful, smooth, attention to detail etc. Flicking a password list to scroll is really bad and jerky for instance. I think this has been raised before and your explanation was it was a limitation of the development tool. Can you get a better development tool?

Additionally, my iPad PWD app is integrated with DropBox, and I can't open my current password file unless I'm connected to the Internet. Can't the app store a cached copy of the last one used?

Thanks for your help!

Steve

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » December 1st, 2012, 3:23 am

sperkinsCIO wrote:...
What about my other feedback?

[Design]
We users would really like it if the app was designed like and operated like an Apple product. Beautiful, smooth, attention to detail etc. Flicking a password list to scroll is really bad and jerky for instance. I think this has been raised before and your explanation was it was a limitation of the development tool. Can you get a better development tool?

Additionally, my iPad PWD app is integrated with DropBox, and I can't open my current password file unless I'm connected to the Internet. Can't the app store a cached copy of the last one used?

Thanks for your help!

Steve
Steve I think AceBit need to step up a bit here in the mobile space. I am not an Apple user but Android and Windows. The application is an incredible tool in the windows environment and gets used everyday all day and I would be completely lost without it. However in the mobile space there could be many improvements in the last version I ran.

I am interested as to why you store the master file in drop box. Is that so you can access it on any machine? Doesn't drop box replicate the file to the local machine? I use SkyDrive and that actually replicates the physical files in the cloud with the local files (When it doesn't corrupt shared folders) so if I make a change to a file locally it is available in Skydrive. Effectively I have two master files and as well a separate pswx file for my mobile device.

What is very apparent is that everything is going into being portable and working from anywhere so AceBit should consider changing the application development platform if it cannot deliver what users are asking for.