Here are some instructions on how to do that:
First, check if the language is already available here:
1) Download and install the "SIL Editor": http://www.sicomponents.com/soft/SilEditor_Setup.exe
2) Download the file
- WISE-FTP 10:
- WISE-FTP 8:
- WISE-FTP 7:
3) Load the .sib file in the SIL Editor and enter your translation into the "custom" column.
4) Send your translated .sib file to email@example.com and we will provide you with a build of WISE-FTP, containing your translation. We will soon add a function which will allow you to import your translations into WISE-FTP yourself in real-time.
5) If you want to allow us to use your translation in the official release, please send us a written accreditation. Of course, we will mention you and your website as the translator and provide you with a lifetime free license.
Please take into account the following considerations:
Translating of “%” symbol. The symbol % plays a very important role in Delphi projects, usually, it is not used for displaying the percent sign but for special formatting purposes. Therefore all words, beginning with % must be repeated in the translation EXACTLY AS IS.
- English: Connected to %s as %s
German: Verbunden mit %s als %s
French: Connecté à %s comme %s
- English: %.2fKB (%d bytes)
German: %.2fKB (%d Bytes)
French: %.2fKo (%d octets)
String Lengths. The same strings in different languages may have very different lengths. For example, some phrases, translated from English to French may become 2 times longer. Sometimes this cannot be avoided, but whenever possible, please try to make translations not too much longer than original phrases as it may negatively affect the user interface.