Can't logon to Dropbox in Password Depot after network loss

This forum is designated to discuss the Mac edition.
elmersflyer

Can't logon to Dropbox in Password Depot after network loss

Post by elmersflyer » July 20th, 2018, 11:29 am

Sometimes I find difficulty in spotting there is no network on my MAC (running High Sierra 10.13.6 and the latest version of Password Depot). So if there is a network connection fine. But if there isn't I reconnect the network. Then when. starting Password Depot a window pops up saying "Dropbox Sign in to access files". So I do and I get a new window saying "Password Depot would like access to its own folder "Apps > Password Depot .......". So I "Allow". Then I get the next window saying "Dropbox successfully downloaded" so I shut that window as instructed and I get a new window stating "Warning Could not access the remote file "Dropbox://xxx.pswe" which of course is obvious since it is in "Apps/Password Depot" as it says in the first place. This continues to repeat even after a restart, till sometime later - maybe days or weeks - I happen to have another go and it works. Dropbox remains signed on when there is a network. So obviously a problem here. My belief is that even if I reconnect the network without starting Password Depot, Dropbox is accessible without signing in, so why can't Password Depot not just say that the Dropbox file is inaccessible and get me to check out why? As it is, it is frustrating in the extreme and unusable - just because of the network frailty of moving my MAC laptop from one access point to another. If I spot that there is no network first and reconnect before starting Password Depot there is no problem at all.

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: Can't logon to Dropbox in Password Depot after network loss

Post by AceBIT » July 30th, 2018, 10:07 am

Thank you for your feedback! We will improve the program behavior in such cases.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de